Aam Ki Dal – Toor Dal with Raw Mango – Instant Pot
Kacche Aam Ki Dal is a very simple dal recipe but delicious. This is Toor dal with raw mango. The tanginess of raw mangoes gives a delicious flavor to dal. Today I am using Instant Pot, that’s what I have been using instead pressure cooker.
- 1 cup toor dal (arhar dal)
- 1/2 cup raw mango (peeled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp green chili (cut into small pieces)
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
Wash dal changing water few times.
- Put dal with 2 cups water into instant pot and add salt, turmeric, and mango. Close the cover and cook on high heat for 8 minutes. Recently I have been using instant pot instead pressure-cooker. It takes the same time as pressure cooker advantage is you don’t have to watch over when it starts steaming and when it is time to turn off. You can take care other things.
- After dal is done it should be soft. If needed add more water, dal should not be very thick. Dal will thicken as it sits. Make it more liquid than you want it to be.
Heat ghee in a small saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the ghee; if it cracks immediately, the oil is ready. Turn off the heat, add the cumin seeds, and mustard seeds. When they begin to crack, add the asafetida, curry leaves, and green chilies. Stir for a few seconds. Add red chili powder and 1 tablespoon of water to prevent the spices from burning. Pour spice mix chaunk over hot dal, before serving.
Notes, I have been using instant pot instead of pressure-cooker. Many people think it is a time saver, no it takes the same time as pressure cooker, but it is hassle free you start and do other things you need to do, no watching over. it is also easy to clean.
The post Aam Ki Dal – Toor dal With Raw Mango – Instant pot appeared first on Manjula's Kitchen.