Vegetable or veg Raita is considered best among all other raitas. Any type of vegetable available to you can be used in this raita.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 0.742 kcal; Fat: 1.7 grams;
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Coriander seeds - 1 tea spoon
- peppercorns - 1 tea spoon
- yougurt - 2 cup
- cucumber (peeled and chopped) - 1
- red onion (finely chopped) - 1
- green chillies - 2
- cayenne pepper - 1 tea spoon
- Chopped Mint - 1 tea spoon
- salt - according to taste
- Chopped cilantro - 1/4 cup
combine cumin,coriander and peppercorn in small frying pan and toast over medium heat for 2-3 min. let cool ,then grind to a fine powder.set aside. Whisk the yogurt smooth add cucumber,onion,tomato,chilesand mint stir to blend well.Stir in the ground spices and cayenne.Chill well. Stir in salt if you use it just before serving and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.