Papads is the quintessential accompaniment in Indian food. Either served as a starter, appetizer, cooked in curry or as accompaniment; papads are always enjoyed in any form.
- Urad dhal - 1 kg
- Soda bicarbonate - 35 gm
- salt - to taste
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1 tea spoon
- ground black pepper or garlic, or chili - flavours as per choice
- Take 1 kg urad dhal and finely grind into flour.
- Add salt to taste sodabicarb, and hing. Also add flavors – black pepper, garlic, chilli as per your taste and the variety you want.
- Add water to make hard dough. Knead it for quite sometime. You can also add edible oil at the time of kneading (optional).
- Then roll out around 100 round pancakes each weighing around 10 to 12 gms, with about 7 " diameter.
- Allow it to dry in the sun.