Garlic, basil and crushed red pepper flakes season the light vinaigrette that dresses this refreshing salad. A sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top gives it even more flavor.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 0.66 kcal; Fat: 10 grams;
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- red wine vinegar - 1-1/2 spoon
- dried basil - 1/2 tea spoon
- minced garlic - 1 clove
- crushed red pepper flakes - 1/8 teaspoon
- torn salad greens - 6 cups
- Sliced Tomato - 2
- Cucumber - 1
- Shredded parmesan cheese - 2 table spoon
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper flakes; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.