June 9, 2012
- Wash and soak the gram for 30 minutes.
- Grind the grated coconut with a little water to a smooth paste in a blender.keep aside.
- Fry the sliced onions till golden brown. remove and keep aside.
- Cook the gram in a pressure cooker with just sufficient water to cook the dal until soft.
- Remove the lid of the cooker and add the green chillies , turmeric powder tomatoes and salt. cook for 3 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are cooked add the coconut paste. mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a minute and remove from the flame.
- Heat the oil in a pan. add the mustard seeds, when they crackle add the cumin seeds.
- Fry for a few seconds over a low flame. pour over the dal.
- Serve hot garnished with the fried onions and the chopped corriander leaves.