- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 35 minutes
- Yield : 3
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pan over medium heat.
- When hot add the onions and sauté for 3 mins.
- When the onions turn translucent add in the ginger garlic paste and fry further until cooked well.
- Toss in the dry spice and spice powders and fry for about 2 mins until fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well until they are combined. Cook stirring for a further 5 mins until the color turns dark and cooked.
- Add a little water season, cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Lower the flame and add in the yogurt, mix well, cover and simmer for a further 25 mins. Check and stir the occasionally so as not to burn the gravy.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander on saffron basmati rice.