- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Yield : 4
Method of Preparation:
- In a deep bottom skillet heat the oil. When hot toss in the chicken and brown well and set them aside.
- Add the cardamom, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns and the cinnamon sticks to the same oil and fry for half a min.
- Add the onions to this and fry until golden brown. This would take about 5 min.
- Now add in the ginger garlic paste and fry well for a min until cooked.
- Add the coriander and chillie powder and fry for a further min.
- Toss in the meat that was set aside with all its juices, season and mix well to coat.
- Reduce the flame and add a cup of yoghurt, stir well until it blends. Do so for the other cup of yoghurt. Blend well frying for 2 mins.
- Add water to cover the meat, check seasoning, cover and simmer for 45 mins or until the meat is tender. Check occasionally stirring the curry so as not to burn the meat.
- When the meat is tender uncover and fry until the excess water is absorbed. Sprinkle with pepper and garam masala and serve hot.